It doesn’t ever seem to matter where I go, to me, there is no prettier place on earth (that I have yet to see) than Alaska on a sunny day.  Maybe its because we endure so much harsh (ha) weather.  Maybe its because of the winters, the rain, the storms.  The dark afternoons.  I don’t know.  But when the sun peaks out – there is no place I would rather be, than outside…dancing around soaking it up…That being said, I was fully prepared to capture some of our lovely “Liquid sunshine” – and got a cool surprise, two days of sun!  Of course at first, I was mad!  Mad!  At sun!  Because it kind of ruined my plan…but then I realize…wait a second…sun…SUN…SUN!  And quickly got over myself.

See? Pure beauty!

What is that BLINDINGLY bright light?!

Is it?  Could it be?

SUN!

Salmonberry Blossoms, drowning in the sun!

Good-bye for now, Sun.  Until tomorrow.

7 thoughts on “You Capture: Sun

1. Kris says:

Love the shots where you can see the sun rays. Beautiful!

2. Stillmary says:

WoW! Alaska is beautiful in the sunshine – or you make it look beautiful in the sunshine but I’ll bet it’s really both. All the shots are great but I do love the last one the most! It’s so creative and artistic!

3. Gorgeous shots! I have a friend who works during the summer at a resort in Alaska. I’m always a little jealous, because she misses Georgia’s heat and humidity. 😉 I love the perspective of your last shot–it looks surreal and peaceful all at the same time.

4. Teresa says:

Beautiful shots! I love the sunbeam through the trees! I had a hard time finding sun this week because we’ve had quite a few rainy days, so I really enjoyed your sunshine!

5. Elaine says:

Wow, what a unique flower! I’ve never seen that before. I just adore that last shot. Makes me think of fairies. 🙂

6. Capn Manda says:

I like those pics, the last one ESPECIALLY. I really want a canvas of that on my wall.

7. Tonya says:

Yes, Alaska certainly is beautiful, that first shot makes me want to come visit.